Ellie is responsible for leading Facebook & Instagram’s agency team. Her role is to help the big blue tech giant re-define what partnership looks like with the media, consultancy & creative agency community. She has been part of Facebook ANZ’s leadership team for the last 5 years.
Ellie has spent the last 18 years in digital marketing. Prior to joining Facebook, Ellie spent 13 years working at media agencies. She started her career as a wheeler dealer TV buyer in London playing good cop in the TV negotiation game. She then joined a digital start up, Profero, where she was initially completely bamboozled by the lingo but then amazed by the creative possibilities and accountability that digital offered advertisers.
She moved to Australia ten years ago to join Ikon where she headed up their digital services including mobile, technology, data, search and social. She has been part of a number of award winning teams, and includes three Cannes Lions trophies on her virtual mantelpiece.
• In 2013 Ad News recognized her in their top 40 under 40 list of media people
• MYOB ranked her as 4th on their ‘young & influential list’ in the lifestyle/ media category
• B&T recognized her as a powerful woman in media – number 28 in Australia
• Ellie has worked with IAB to produce and share their digital training program
• In November, she attended Harvard’s Corporate Director’s Course for Women
Ellie’s main gig is wife and mother to 2 kids, Jett (1) and Nancy (7). She has just returned from a year of maternity leave which saw her drag her family around the world, visiting 20 countries travelling on trains, planes, ski’s, camper vans, horses, buses and ubers.
Ellie Rogers Job Title Director of Agency, ANZ Company FACEBOOK