Gavigan is a nationally recognized environmental health leader, author, speaker and
• Gavigan is the former CEO / Executive Director of Healthy Child Healthy World, the national nonprofit focused on environmental health and sustainable, nontoxic family lifestyles. Gavigan was solely responsible for all operations, marketing/communications, annual fundraising, and media campaigns / programming.
• The business and annual budget grew by over 25 times in four years.
• Gavigan built new strategic partnerships with Google, WebMD, Target, Seventh Generation, Microsoft, Babycenter, Universal Studios, Stonyfield Farms, Shaklee, Whole Foods, Yahoo, and Huffington Post.
• Gavigan is the best-selling author of “Healthy Child Healthy World – Creating a Cleaner, Greener, Safer Home” (Penguin/Dutton 2008), with over 40 leading contributions from notable doctors, activists, and celebrities including Dr. Philip Landrigan, Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep, First Lady Michelle Obama, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sheryl Crow, Dr. Alan Greene, and Dr. Harvey Karp.
• Gavigan has authored and been profiled in dozens of articles about environmental health, sustainability, green and safer products, and the nontoxic marketplace for national magazines, newspapers, and websites, such as People Magazine, Huffington Post, New York Times, CNN, Elle, In Style, Parenting, Cookie, Treehugger, Discovery, Fit Pregnancy, and USA Today.
• He has been featured as an expert and is sought as a speaker (LOHAS, Go Green Expo) and interviewed on numerous radio (NPR, Oprah Radio) and television programs (Good Morning America, Montel Williams) throughout the United States.
• Gavigan sits on the Board of Directors of Mount Sinai Hospital’s Children Environmental Health Center and is a Chief Advisor to the Green Product Innovation Institute. He is also on the Advisory Board of UCLA’s Environmental Health Sciences Department. Christopher was awarded the WebMD’s “Health Hero Award for 2010” and Elle Magazine’s “Green Award” in 2007.