In this session...
A frank and open discussion with the maverick stars of the L.A. marketing scene, from Hollywood to Silicon Beach, where advertising rubs shoulders with tinseltown, tech startups, YouTube stars and "makers." Agencies including Battery, Mistress, Pitch, Zambezi and Las Vegas Sands Corp's CMO Lisa Marchese explain what divides the West from the East and argue that L.A. is the world’s creative center and an incubator for modern marketing.
West Coast advertising style is expansive and bright, confident and content rich, with an uncanny capacity for reaching eyeballs through sheer creativity and invention compared to the big-data driven economies of scale practiced by traditional Madison Ave. There are big dogs in L.A. but the underdogs and independent shops and their brave clients are arguably leading the pack. “More than any city in the world," says Adweek, "Los Angeles defines creativity." This session will address:
• What Hollywood Can Teach Us About Winning Share of Mind
• How To Network The Entertainment Economy
• Going Blockbuster On A “Maker” Budget
• Earning Your Media Instead of Paying for It
• Strategies For Chilling With the Youtube Nation
• Spotting Talent Agents and Other Obstructions
• Navigating Surface Roads: From Jefferson To Sunset Junction
• Where Hollywood Blvd meets the Las Vegas Strip