In this session...
Woke, Lit & Ready will explore the origins, the immense influence, and undeniable effect that Black Twitter has had on American culture, media, justice, journalism, and ultimately the advertising industry. This panel event will also focus on how Black Twitter helps to lead and propel popular culture, and how within the advertising industry many of the individuals that make up this diverse, dynamic, talented community are often missing from ad agencies, along with their rich perspective.
This discussion will include top leaders in the advertising space and notable voices in the Black Twitter community, who will explore:
* Black Twitter’s role in leading and pushing culture forward
* The tough issues of why many Black Twitter trends make it to advertising without credit/invitation to the originators of the trends
* How the advertising industry can build valuable partnerships/collaborative efforts with this community that are fair, transparent and inclusive
* The role platforms play in connecting/displaying different perspectives and talented individuals that make up different communities
* The ad industry’s evolving role and responsibility in portraying cultures accurately and using inclusive teams to build diverse work